Mantrakid initially began producing electronic and hip hop music in 1997 and, for the last
5 years, has been heavily involved in Canadian hip hop, with album production credits including Ricca Razor Sharp’s “12 Steps to a Deffer You”, Ricca Razor Sharp & EQ “Opposites Attract” as well as extensive remix work including “MissyKid”, a six-track remix ep of the one and only Missy Elliott, offered on a donate-to-download basis, with all proceeds being donated directly to Graves Disease Research.
In addition to his production and remix work, Mantrakid is a frequent collaborator with Calgary’s Audible Intelligence crew and sharing the stage with acts like Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Dragon Fli Empire, Classified, Jesse Dangerously and Beans (Anti Pop Consortium).
As the founding president of the 12 year-old indie record label “Neferiu Records”, his experience has given him a first hand relationship with many musicians across Canada and he continues to expose and promote others as much as himself via events like the “Furrowed Brow Ambient Music Festival”, the “I Heart Alberta Rap” hip hop festival & through steady stream of releases available through Neferiu Records, including the free digital download releases, which bring in, on average, 800+ downloads a month.
After a move from the urban bustle of Calgary to the natural beauty of Vancouver Island, Mantrakid continued to reach wider audiences with his year-long radio show named “Creamreefer” at Nanaimo’s CHLY, where he shared his love and knowledge of electronic and hip hop music in a weekly 2-hour program.
Produced a widely popular Remix Album of Missy Elliott Tracks, reaching over 38,000 views on his youtube channel. Full album production credits, achieving massive critical success in both print publications, blogs, and college radio charting.
Produced Ricca Razor Sharp’s single “New Shoes” for the 2004 Universal Urban “Home Grown 2” Vinyl Compilation Selected as an x92.9fm (Calgary) xPosure Artist, with “I’m My Own Opponent receiving regular rotation. Produced The EquAzn’s – “Right Now” on the Canada #1 charting “2008 Canadian Rap Future Superstars” from Brockway Entertainment.
Mantrakid effectively marries his passion for both electronic music and hip hop on his 2008 album, “Palmflowerblack”, and the end result is an hour long excursion of truly original forward -thinking music that pushes the boundaries of both genres.
His latest effort “Dragon Lullabies” is like a retro, lo-fi reel-to-reel tape pulled off the floor of a stoned up rolling stones session joined by Portishead, Gorillaz and Beck via time machine.
For more information or to request an interview with Mantrakid, please contact Nate Schmold @ Neferiu Records: 250-898-4596 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nate Schmold – Vocals, Drums, Kazoo, Synths, Sampler
- Mantrakid – After 10 EP (Neferiu Records, 2001)
- Mantrakid – Neutralmonism (Neferiu Records, 2004)
- Ricca Razor Sharp – 12 Steps to a Deffer You (Executive Producer, Neferiu Records, 2006)
- Mantrakid – Remembering Kansas (Neferiu Records, 2007)
- Mantrakid – Palmflowerblack (Neferiu Records, 2008)
- Ricca Razor Sharp – Causeways & C-Trains (Co-Producer, Neferiu Records, 2008)
- Ricca Razor Sharp & The EquAzn – Opposites Attract (Executive Producer, Vocals, Neferiu Records, 2010)
- Mantrakid – MissyKid (Neferiu Records, 2012)
- Mantrakid – Dragon Lullabies (Neferiu Records, 2012)
- I’m My Own Opponent (x92.9 Calgary Playlist)
- Remembering Kansas (CJSW Calgary Playlist)
- Neutralmonism (CJSW Calgary Playlist)
- I Heart Alberta Rap Compilation – (Canada-Wide College Radio)
- Ricca Razor Sharp – 12 Steps to a Deffer You – (Canada-Wide College Radio)
- Palmflowerblack (Full album charting across Canada and breaking in on the hip hop charts at #1 at CJSW, CJSR, and CKXU)
Talk About It...
Powered by Facebook Comments